The team at Venture Global Solutions is growing! We are currently looking for a Cross-dock Supervisor for our Lafayette, IN location.
Job Details: The Cross-dock Supervisor will be responsible for staffing, directing, and controlling the day to day operations of the shift. Leads and directs a team of 4 hourly employees and clerk. Manages the inbound and outbound flow of materials, including accurate unloading and receipt of inbound product as well as the accurate and timely loading of outbound shuttles. Communicates with materials group on late arrivals or departures, OSD issues, and quality related concerns. Ensures adherence to all established safety and quality guidelines, on-time service expectations, and window time conformance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR THIS POSITION:
1. Responsible for overseeing the tactical and operational planning of assigned customer’s inbound/outbound logistics operations to include duties but not limited to the following:
o Monitor all loads for on-time receipt and delivery window conformance
o Responsible to enforce all safety rules and guidelines
o Training, testing, and certifying all material handlers
o Oversee receiving and loading of all trucks and processing required paperwork
o Maintain and update all SOP’s and Work Instructions for customer programs
o Responsible for ensuring all shipping departments and central customer service groups for communication of loads running late to customers
o Maintain and manage customer KPI deck for weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews
2. Ensures all receiving, inspection, and put away processes are performed correctly and completed daily
3. Shifts employees tasks as needed to respond to changes in demand
4. Cost management that contributes to meeting company goals
5. Responsible for problem solving, operational improvements, and efficiency improvements to reduce operating costs
6. Monitors and manages key operating performance indicators
7. Provides and promotes a clean, sanitary, and safe working environment
8. Tracks, analyzes and communicates key performance metrics – KPI Deck
9. Maintain regular and reliable attendance
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Transportation, or business related field with 1 to 3 years of experience in Automotive Logistics or Cross-dock environment required
REQUIRED SKILLS (TECHNICAL, CLERICAL, LANGUAGE, ETC.)
• Mathematical skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. The ability to apply statistical techniques to shipment and delivery data is required.
• Reasoning skills: Ability to solve practical problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Computer skills: Excellent computer skills including all Microsoft Office programs.
Shift: 3pm – Midnight
Interested parties should submit resumes here.